How many different methods are there for fortune telling? We think more than thousands are there in this World. Let us know about some bizarre fortune telling methods!
- Alphitomancy: Feed a special cake to an alleged wrongdoer. An innocent person will be able to eat and digest the cake, a guilty person will gag on the cake or become ill.
- Bibliomancy: Open the Bible and read the first passage you see – that’s your fortune.
- Dilitiriomancy: Feed African benge poison to a chicken. Ask the gods a question, being careful to end the question with, “if the chicken dies, the answer is yes,” or “if the chicken dies, the answer is no.” Then wait to see if the chicken dies.
- Haruspication: Study the guts of an animal, preferably a sacred one.
- Scarpomancy: Predict someone’s future by studying their old shoes.
- Stichomancy: Read the first passage of any book you see.
- Tiromancy: Study the shape, holes, mold, and other features on a piece of cheese.
- Uromancy: Predict someone’s future by studying their urine.