Dec 29, 2007

Hiccups of Chris Sands


Chris Sands, 24, a Lincoln man suffered non-stop hiccups for the past 11 months. He has tried everything including holding his breath, drinking from the wrong side of a glass and getting a fright since the hiccups started last February.

So far nothing has worked and the singer has been left unable to perform with his band; during the more intense bouts he struggles to sleep, eat or even breathe properly. He has had a brain scan, abdomen scan, chest scan and CT scan all in an effort to uncover the reason behind his mystery hiccupping, but so far there has been no diagnosis.

In his most recent effort to get to the root of the problem, Chris tried an oxygen chamber, where he was placed in a large metal tank with an oxygen mask over his mouth, despite suffering from claustrophobia.

After admitting defeat, doctors are now sending him to a psychologist because they believe his body has now simply just got used to hiccupping. Chris also runs a blog at MySpace. Watch the video.


But this is nothing compared to Charles Osborne, of Anthon, Iowa! Charles Osborne holds the record for the longest ever bout of hiccups, which lasted for 68 years from 1922 until 1990.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

We have a gentleman from India who is having cure for hiccups and it stops with 7 days. Need your address to contact you. Plz advise.

Thx

Anonymous said...

CHRIS,
I AM FROM BRAZIL...
AND I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WAS SUFFERING OF SOMETHING SIMILAR OF IT LAST MONTH OF APRIL! .... AND DURING THREE NIGHTS HE WAS HICCUPPING. SO, HE WENT TO A HOSPITAL AN OVER THERE THEY GAVE A SIMPLE ADVICE. BREATH WITH HIS FACE IN ONE PAPER BAG... MANY TIMES... SUDDENLY HIS PROBLEM DISSAPEAR AFTER BREATHING WITH THIS BAG IN HIS FACE... JUST THROUGH THIS AIR, WITHOUT NEW AIR I MEAN GAS CARBONIC GENERATE BY NON RECYCLING THE AIR.
SO, THE DOCTOR SAID THROUGH THE CO² INSIDE THE BAG THAT MADE THIS HICCUPPING STOPED...
I HOPE THAT I WRITE IT CLEARLY.
AND CAN WORK WITH YOU...
GOOD LUCK!
CECILIA

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

I am from Brazil and saw your interview to Globo channel. I wish you find the cure

good luck!
Luciano

Anonymous said...

hi christopher
i was reading an article on a local newspaper here in kenya on your story. Am not going to pity you right now because i know that is not what you need, what you need is a cure and am sorry i do not have any suggestions, but i promise you that you will be in my prayers every night before i sleep.

may the almighty God take care of you and help solve your problem.

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm from China.
I hope I can help you because I know a way to stop it once I get hiccups. Firstly, bend to make your body and your leg become a right-angle, keep this pose while try to raise your head high.Then, take a cup of warn water and drink.
Don't change your pose and keep slowly drinking. It really works to me. I hope it'll also help you.
If you don't understand my description, please give me your address and I'll draw a pic to let you understand. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

There's a very extreme cure for bad hiccups:

Get someone you trust (perhaps even with a doctor present).

Get them to basically suffocate you until you pass out. You will eventually try to fight them to stop them suffocating you as it's a natural reaction, but sick with it.

Once you pass out (loose consciousness) it's imperative that the person suffocating you stops immediately and lets you start to breathe again normally.

If they don't stop they might actually kill you, so that's why I recommend having a doctor present, perhaps even with a crash team.

It does work apparently, good luck.

Anonymous said...

Chris my partner once had hiccups for two weeks, I am a nurse and asked a consultant surgeon for advice, he suggested passing a nasogastric tube to alter the pressure in the stomach/diaphragm. It worked!

Dave

Anonymous said...

I know one thing that always works and that is the name of Jesus. All you have to do is believe and anything is possible through him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Just saw your story on BBC, I have some medical journal articles for you if you are interested, which document various pharmacological cures for intractable neurologic hiccups.If you post me your email address I could send them on.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
How about do bungee jumping?

emiko said...

Dear Chris,

Have you tried Homoeopathy ?
You are from England and I bet you have tried it once or twice but keep on trying !
I hope you can find a good homoeopath and get high potency remedy, and when drinking the water, put your remedy in the water.

Good luck and hope to hear your music again !

emiko

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...