Sep 19, 2007

Giant Lobster Found



This Giant Pink Spiny lobster is around five times the size of the average lobsters. Named 'Poseidon' for his size and strength, this giant lobster dwarfs others, measuring two feet in length and a whopping nine-and a-quarter pounds. He was accidentally caught by the fishing boat Brittania around 200 miles south west of Newlyn, Cornwall. Spiny lobsters are actually a type of crayfish and don't usually occur in British waters. The crew were fishing for stony bass on a wreck at a depth of 238 metres when they found him.



Poseidon is now on display at the Blue Reef Aquarium in Newquay.Staff at the Blue Reef Aquarium in Newquay were shocked to see quite how big he was, especially when he proudly displayed his huge antennae which reach over the back of aquarium worker Rachel Rigby's head. Link



2 comments:

jgzales said...

would like to know more about this lobster. I try find in the internet, but there is a poor information.The reason why I'm interest in that is because I had a dream with that giant pink lobster a year ago, even when I didn't know that this sea fish exist.
If any body can help me, it going to be great, if not, any way thank you for your blog information. I believe that in dream there are a lot information to help us live well.

thanks and have a great day.

JG

LobsterLover said...

Hi JGonjales. I believe in your dream. I would like to find you help this lobster and i have some information that may be of interest to you. please contact me. i live in the uk, my telephone number is 0161 865 5319

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...